Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 3

Who would've guessed that someone who has a degree in Comparative Literature would know so much about cells now?
I guess that's one of many superpowers moms have. We can adapt to crazy circumstances around us and become experts at it! It's like when your kid coughs a certain way you know exactly what he has and you basically end up telling the pediatrician the diagnosis and what to prescribe!
Waiting for CBC results is now exciting! Well CBC results with differentials! Yes, I want to know the exact number of cells in my boy's body, cause I'm OCD like that. Suddenly words like neutrophils, MCV, platelet count, RBC, WBC etc have become part of my daily lingo.
It does gives me some comfort to research and know all there is to know about this Evans character.
This week his red blood cells (rbc) and white blood cells (wbc) and neutrophils were great! Platelets, not so much. 70,000 from 103,000 last week. Not bad, but we don't want to get too close to 50,000 aka the danger zone. Apparently, that antibody is still having way too much fun with my son's platelets. However, he better watch it, cause this mom is on top of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment