Monday, May 20, 2013

Don't lose it!

All in all today was a good day. Ric tolerated the medicine. No reaction, no allergies and so far no side effects are to be expected. 

He was a little anxious in the morning, but so was every living being under this roof.  His friend Cristian came with us to keep him entertained. Best idea ever! They played video games for a while, chit chatted and, all in all, spent a good day together.

I was ecstatic Ric was responding
so well to the new treatment. We'll see in a few weeks if his cells agree. 

The worst part of the day was seeing all the other little children going through their treatments. Kids battling cancer with no hair, dark circles under their eyes, exhausted. Their moms strong, although dark circles under their eyes were noticeable too. But, you couldn't tell these moms were suffering for their kids. These moms are warriors! They are the captains of their kid's team! It gave me such strength to see strong women all around me while at the same time seeing sick kids all around me.

As Ric sat there taking his chemo, I just kept thinking "Do not lose it!" " You can NOT lose it" "This is what needs to be done so he gets better". It was hard.  Today was ridiculously hard, but we survived. Ric responded and I didn't lose it. I'll take it! One down, three to go.

I don't know if these appointments are gonna get any easier. I really, really have no idea. I just hope that Ric keeps responding to treatment and getting closer to remission. 

I allow myself 5 to 10 minutes of a little breakdown a week. Just had it. That's it! The rest of the week will go by flawlessly. I have a very strong boy and I am very proud of him!








No comments:

Post a Comment