Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The waiting game

Is it July 8th already?? OMG! This whole waiting three weeks for testing has played with my anxiety, big time! Last week I told Josh, I'm calling the pediatrician so she can do a cbc and I can actually sleep better at night knowing he's fine. Of course, he didn't let me! He reminded me how we need to listen and trust our doctors. Well, that is definitely easier said than done!!

Ric has been doing fine! No bruising, no symptoms whatsoever! He has been volunteering at the kid's Summer Camp twice a week and that has kept him entertained. So far, so good. He has been hanging out with his friends, going to sleepovers and enjoying life as a 14 yr old....oh and getting grounded too for going on a sleepover and forgetting to take his meds! I guess this is what is all about, right? Trying to stay as "normal"  as possible.

On July 8th we go for blood tests. We will find out if the chemo rounds worked or if he needs more rounds or if we need to change medicines. July 8th needs to get here fast! 

I promised myself I will stay as calmed as possible until July 8th! Let's see how I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment