Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stronger





My good friend A sent me this ecard the other day with the following text following: "you must be like steel now lol!!" To which I answered..."some days I feel I am, other days I question it."  I don't know if we become stronger or if we just become used to the status quo. They say it takes 30 days for a human being to build a habit, I guess the same goes for getting used to a different life.


It's been three weeks since our last CBC. I was desperate to know where Ric's numbers were. DESPERATE!!!!!!! I was literally like Glinda in this pic! LOL I was losing patience and wanted to fast forward to July 8th. I had no time for people's bullshit, no time for anything except Ric's numbers!
July 8th was finally here!!!!!  Our appt was late in the day, therefore we had to wait...ONE DAY MORE for results. WTH?!?!? UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Do these people not know my anxiety???? In my head, when Dr.Eslin and Nurse Jen told me we had to wait one day more it completely sounded like the song from Les Miz. "Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in heaven has in store....one more dawn, one more day, ONE DAY MORE!!!"
July 9th...results are in. Ric's platelets are at 95,000. After three weeks of just being in 15g/day/prednisone platelets were holding still at 95,000, which for Ric is great! Our doctor decided to start weaning Ric off of his steroids a bit more, so now we are down to 10mg/day and NO CHEMO for the time being!! NO CHEMO!!! WHOHOOO!! Yay for little victories!!!! We will go for labs in two weeks, see where his numbers are and decide what the next step will be. Of course, I hope we can just keep weaning him off and soon enough be in no medicine in the enchanted land of remission, which, in my head of course,  looks like OZ....all shiny and awesome! "Some day I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me....where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me!"
In this day by day world we live in,  we will enjoy the next two weeks of no needles and no CBC's (Liliana you better behave and not drop a house on any bitch!). I have to remember, even when I doubt it,  that I have become stronger. We, as a family, have become stronger and that is something to be grateful  for. My dear friend A, thanks for the reminder! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment