Monday, August 31, 2015

Just breathe


I haven't posted in a while! Sorry! Summer was crazy!!

Ric spent the Summer in Puerto Rico and  did pretty good! He only had a few minor nosebleeds. His platelets were at 73,000 in July. Doctors think it may have been that and allergies. You know, cause they can never give us a definite answer about anything!

Since he came back, beg of August, we had tests done again. WBC are at 2.4 (a drop from July) with an ANC of 372 (a big drop from July). Platelets at 70,000, RBC were normal. 

Breathe!

He has been noticing more swollen lymph nodes than usual. He lives with one on the left side of his jaw that is always there. Now, ones on the right size are popping up. He was very worried. Like, seriously worried. "Mami, what if I have cancer and no one has caught it?" THAT is the reality of my son's life. He has this constant concern. Even when he doesn't show it, it's there. My heart keeps breaking for him. There is nothing I can do, but to try to keep him in a positive, realistic attitude. Of course I told him there was no cancer! He asked to go to the doctor and we went and they said nothing to worry about yet.

Breathe!

We have to test again to see where his numbers are next week. The days need to go by fast. We are back to CBC's every 4 weeks. We were up to 8 weeks. I  am hoping by next week we go back to that.

In the following weeks he gets to be entertained with driving classes. Ugghh....I am so not ready for that! But, I think it will do him a lot of good to have his mind on something else. Not that I want him completely disconnected, but I don't want him constantly worried.
Just breathe!

1 comment: